Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fall is here...

Life has been going and needless to say I haven't thought about updating my blog lately...

Work has been going fairly steady. We had a meeting about a week ago. There has been a lot of confusion about what exactly our job descriptions are. My boss used this time to go over some little issues we have been having. I was also promoted as to key holder and sales/floor leader. I was a little nervous how the rest of the staff would take this news, seeing as I am the newest member of the team. Anthony let them all know that following Saturday and I was very surprised with the reaction. They were very quick to ask questions and my opinion during sales. I was relieved to feel some respect and companionship among co-workers. I am learning a lot about sales and I am grateful to be getting the experience.

Jonas is wrapping up the last month and a half of his school. He turned all of his paperwork in for his initial FAA applications back a few months ago. Right now he is waiting to get recommended by the school for his Traffic Operator certification. It has been a very long process and we are both very anxious to get it all over with. It takes a long time with the FAA to get hired and we are excited to see where the Lord leads us with his job. Please continue to pray that the process is speedy and the Lord uses us wherever we end up. Also pray for financial support for Jonas while he is in school and pray for aide to pay for the school. ( That is a whole story in its self)

We are still praying for the future of our relationship. Our 6 year anniversary is in about a month. It is harder and harder every day we are not married. Jonas is living in Garland right now with his mom to save money. He is splitting his time in Denton and Garland. I am pretty tired of the girlfriend thing. I can't help but think we are so far behind everyone else. A lot of our friends are already married and NOW starting to have kids. As much as I want to be his wife, I know God's timing is perfect.

I have been very hesitant about finding a church home lately. It would be such a temporary position for me and I want to serve 100% without feeling like I have a deadline. Through this whole spiritual battle, God has truly blessed with some awesome Godly friends who encourage us daily. It is nice to know you don't have to act like a "typical" twenty something in a bar to have a good time. Some of my favorite moments lately have been playing Phase 10 and watching football games. It is weird to think how much things change from year to year and moment to moment. Things I used to care less about and take for granted (a steady pay check or the 20 min of nothing to do before work) are things I am truly grateful for now.

Who knows what the next few months will bring. One thing I do know, is I am being held and protected in His hands, and He has never dropped me before.

No comments:

Layout Credit

About Me

My photo
Garland, Texas, United States

Pageviews last month