Sunday, February 10, 2013

25 Weeks! 15 More to go!




How far along? 25 Weeks…I know I am a week late.  Unfortunately, I totally slacked on a belly picture too.  We did go out and take maternity pictures.  So technically the picture above is 24 weeks and 6 days :) I am going to post a second blog with all of those :) 
Total weight gain: 13 lbs.  I am pretty happy with that so far.  My goal weight for the entire pregnancy is 30 lbs so I am feeling pretty good!
Maternity clothes? Oh yeah.  In the last two weeks, jeans have become very uncomfortable.  Mostly for Liam.  When I sit down,  jeans seems to put a lot of pressure on my lower abdomen.  He will punch and squirm until I move.  My staples so far have been two pairs of fleece lined leggings.  I picked them up at Ross at the beginning of my pregnancy for $4.  ALSO, I was incredibly blessed with a tub full of maternity clothes.  This tub started to be passed around about 3 years ago and every momma who has had it has added a little to it each time.  It's kind of like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Stretchy Pants :)  Can't wait til I can add a few things to it and pass it on in a few months.   I would highly suggest starting one of these if you and your friends are all in the same stages of life. 

Stretch marks? Not on my belly.  However, my butt and my inner thighs have not been so fortunate.  
Sleep:  Oh the sleep…I want to preface with the fact that I hate feeling constrained when I sleep.  Jonas and I have a king size bed and we sleep on the edge so we don't touch.  About 3 weeks ago it started getting more uncomfortable.  I was sleeping with about 6 pillows.  One between my knees, a couple behind my head, and 2-3 pillows wedged behind my back to keep me from laying flat.  Last week, I broke down and bought a body pillow.  This has proved to be a great decision.  I sleep on my back with a wedge of pillows behind my back and pelvis.  So far it has been very comfy.  The only problem is waking up 4 times a night to pee and then having to re-adjust all of the pillows!  
Best moment these last couple of weeks:  Two Sunday's ago, we were eating lunch after church at Popeye's with the Aldrich's.  Jen was asking Annabelle who was in my belly.  For some reason, she has a difficult time remembering Liam's name.  We think it's because it's more different.  She has no problem remembering Britny's baby Ryder.  Jen asked her a few times and she stumbled on Liam's name.  Then she said "Do it again! I know the baby in that belly!"  I thought it was the funniest thing!  I can't get over how blessed I feel to know that Liam is going to be surrounded by so many other kiddos his age and watch those friendships.  Annabelle, I am sure your new cousin is just as excited to meet you!! 

Miss Anything? The freedom to move however I like.  Whether that be getting up quickly, or to just sit on the floor and craft.  I am never too sure how my body is going to react.  I had heard about pregnancy inducing charlie horses but I have never experienced one before.  The other morning I was asleep and I went to move my leg.  IT HIT ME LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN.  My first charlie horse in my calf.  I immediately  woke up and screamed "NOOOOOOO!" Jonas was up getting ready and came running in.  I think I scared him but when he realized it was a charlie horse he through back the covers and just grabbed my leg and massaged it out.  It was comical looking back at it, but oh my goodness, lets not have anymore of those.  
Movement: More like, when is he not moving.  It's rare if I go 30 minutes without feeling him move.  Brit told me when Ryder moves he normally just kicks on one side.  Not our son.  He flips and kicks and wiggles and hops as much as possible.  Especially in the morning.  I have tried recording it because I can't believe how active he is, but he must realize it because he stops as soon as turn the camera on.  I think we are going to have the personification of energy on our hands.  Lord help us now!

Food cravings: Anything buffalo sauce.  I have just loved it lately.  Not sure why.  Very strange craving and definitely not a healthy one.  Considering most things buffalo are all fried.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Well, being pregnant has made me very aware of how short my torso actually is.  I can't eat a whole lot without getting very full.  I don't get sick but I am feeling acid reflux a little more sensitive.
Labor Signs: Nope.  Not looking forward to those Braxton Hicks on the horizon. 

Symptoms: I have actually felt great.  I am most definitely feeling pregnant though size wise.  By the end of the night my belly is pretty sore.  I feel like I can't stretch anymore.  My short torso isn't giving baby boy much room either.  I have been getting cramps at the base of my ribs.  I don't think it's from him kicking them, as much as its the pressure from my organs and my uterus growing.  (IF YOUR A GUY STOP READING HERE!) My boobs are a little bit out of control.  This was most definitely the symptom I feared the most going into pregnancy.  I can no longer wear regular bras because they bruise and leave very little flexibility.  Not looking forward to the third trimester when they hit their peak.
Belly Button in or out? Ummm its getting pretty flat.  I will give it two weeks before it's completely flat.
Wedding rings on or off? Off :( This made me so sad.  I love my wedding rings.  I can start the day in them but they just get too tight as the day progresses.  I went out this week and bought a fake wedding band as a supplement.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy , although, I have started to feel a little bit more emotional.
Looking forward to: On the 26th we have another Dr. appt.  It's a sono appt to check on his umbilical cord insertion.  I feel very blessed to be getting another sono!  Any extra chance to see my sweet boy makes me happy :)  Daddy is reuniting with his old band for one last show!  He has to travel to Big Spring, TX which is a little far but I am excited he will get to perform one last time.  We decided it would be best for me to stay home just because 5 hours to drive would be miserable.  We are going to make sure there is a recording of the event.  I want Liam to be able to see that when he gets older.  I love that his Daddy has a passion for music and I hope it's a trait Liam embraces as well. 

Doctor Appt on February 1st: Just a belly check!  Dr. M said everything looked perfect once again!  She was also very happy to hear that he is such an active baby.  She said that is a very good sign of a healthy baby!  She went to place the doppler on my belly and before she did I told her "I can't promise you he isn't going to kick that!"  Sure enough. The second she put it on my belly.  She didn't even get a chance to hear a heart beat at first.  He kicked it about 3 times in the 45 seconds she had it on there.  Little stinker.  

No comments:

Layout Credit

About Me

My photo
Garland, Texas, United States

Pageviews last month